| Megan in the Dracula coffin with the little kid Dracula cape |
From a Dracula photo op, to learning about embalming, to President Lincoln's hair, to the pope mobile, to a casket in the shape of a huge cheetah, the Houston National Museum of Funeral History has it all. It's really your place to go for all things dead. The Dracula photo op seemed a little irreverent for a funeral museum, but given our immaturity and the museum clerk lady with the thick southern accent telling us to "take all the photos ya like", we just couldn't resist. I'm not a bad Dracula either with my pasty white skin and huge K-9s (seriously I actually had to ask my Dentist to shave them down after my mission because a little kid at Church asked me if I was a vampire, my Dentist of course tried to convince me to keep my fangs because all the girls were into this guy Edward that I had never heard of before, I thought he was lying until I found out that Twilight was actually a thing).
As we were driving home were tired just sort of sitting there in silence. I was just zoning out and trying to pay attention to the road, Megan was of course thinking on more important matters (I love how her mind works, she entertains me). Out of the blue she voiced her feelings, "Isn't it just mocking chickens that we call their bones drumsticks? I mean, it's already degrading enough being a chicken and getting eaten. It's like were saying to them, 'I'm gonna eat you and use your dead carcass and bones to play the drums.' It's kind of like a slap in the face to chickens." I had to laugh and agree, it was well thought out and she was right.
Megan has had some trouble sleeping lately and the doctor prescribed her Ambien. I've been thinking I need to start writing down some of the things she says when she's a little zonked. Last night in her Ambien delirium she told me that I was like a huge whale and she wished that she could blow me up so that she could be famous on YouTube. Here's a link if you don't know what I'm talking about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_t44siFyb4
| A selection of tasteful coffins for the predeceased |
I am loving all the different coffins. haha did they have one that was a giant beer can? I saw one on the news once, he was going to be buried in it but in the mean time he used it as a cooler. Wierd.
ReplyDelete