Anyway, we decided to carve our pumpkins while listening to the soundtrack from "The Nightmare Before Christmas." It's become a tradition and why not, it is one of the best movies ever. I still remember when it came out when I was in elementary school and my mom said I couldn't see it. She probably thought it was evil, but she also didn't want us to see Toy Story (I'm convinced it was because of the creepy doll head with Erector set spider legs). But I ended seeing it at someone else's house and told my dad repeatedly how much I loved it. And then he bought it. And we watched it a million times...until he put a limit on how often we could watch it because it was getting out of hand (true story-Lys will confirm its validity). Now I only watch it every Halloween and Christmas (yes, I consider that self-control). I tried to convince Steve that he should carve Oogey Boogey to match my Jack Skellington, but the skull is what he chose instead. He did, however, promise that one day I could have a pumpkin patch (which he will plant for me) so that I can do the whole Halloween Town. Or at least a good chunk of it. What about our children carving some of our pumpkins? Uh, they don't get any. And a 50% candy tax will be enforced. Next year I will try to steady my hands and not saw off Jack's eyebrow along with a few of his teeth.
Sunday, November 6, 2011
Halloween is the second best holiday of the year. Sadly, I spent it sick in bed unable to feast on the VERY large bowl of Halloween candy I bought for "trick or treaters." Let's be honest, I knew no one would come (just like last year and that conveniently allowed us to eat every piece that I bought). I bought the candy for me and I didn't even get to enjoy it on the one day you're allowed to eat as much garbage as you want. Except Almond Joys, they will always be trash and I will always give them to my dad. I spent the morning vomiting and laying nauseated in bed only to spend the afternoon at the doctor's office with an unidentified person that reeked of urine. I seriously considered vomiting in the waiting room to get back at them, but then it made feel bad. But to be fair, I hate the smell of stale urine more than boogers and I HATE boogers a lot. You can ask Steve. The point is that we had to celebrate the day after because I wasn't going to wait an entire year. I might die and then I'd be mad I missed it. Just like Sally when the Great Pumpkin never showed up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Did you get another migraine? Or some weird flu-ish bug? I also bought candy for the trick-or-treaters that was solely for me. Which worked out very well this year. It rained and we had a cold snap at the same time. We had three children brave the weather. I now have several extra pounds of sugary heaven to enjoy....
ReplyDeleteNo, my allergies are just out of control. The drainage is what made me so sick. Steve tried to pretend that he was less supportive of the all the discount candy I bought, but he has eaten half of it so far.
ReplyDelete