Sunday, January 22, 2012

Murder She Wrote...

YOU SHOULD PROBABLY STOP READING IF YOU DON'T WANT A GLIMPSE INTO OUR REAL LIVES (A.K.A. Those that are easily offended or judgy, yep judgy is a real word).

The interesting thing about having a conversation with Steve is that regardless of how ridiculous or inappropriate the subject matter is, he continues having it in his normal tone of voice thereby encouraging its current route.  This is a real conversation, but you need to keep in mind that I was still recovering from a migraine after having taken a lot of medicine.  Even I acknowledge that many things sounded ridiculous after I thought about them.

Megan:  Steve, I can never serve a mission with you as an old person.  I would end up killing you.
Steve:  I know.
Megan:  And you know that it will be really slow because it'll take me forever to do anything at that point.
Steve:  Slow might not be so bad.  How would you kill me?
Megan:  I don't know.  It would depend on what's available at the time.  Maybe a shovel or a rolling pin.
Steve:  Ewww.  What about just increasing my medication dosage over time?
Megan:  Ummm, like Viagra?
Steve:  Actually, that might work.  It might cause systemic hypotension and cerebral ischemia.
Megan:  Well, then maybe I'll do that instead.  Less messy.
Steve:  But I don't want to die right now.
Megan:  I wasn't going to kill you right now.  I would get hardly any insurance money.  I was thinking when you retire because then you'll have lots of money saved up.  You have at least another 40-50 years before I do that.
Steve:  I can live with that.

                                                    ***DISCLAIMER***
I would never actually kill Steve.  I feel bad when I lock the cat in timeout in the bathroom even when he destroys something.  If you're going to judge anyone, it should be Steve.  He continued having this conversation regardless of the fact that his wife was heavily medicated.

3 comments:

  1. You know your marriage is a good one when you can honestly and calmly discuss each other's murder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do our best to foster a relationship of openness and honesty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wait until you have children and they start learning to act like their Dad. I admit that most of the time Brian's dry humor, sarcasm, and snarkiness make me laugh but translate that to a 4 year old and it ends up being a lot of sassiness and back-talk. Poor Claire she occasionally gets in trouble for imitating her dad:)

    ReplyDelete