Monday, April 2, 2012

Dancing with the Dead

The cake was made by two first year med students
Last Friday Steve and I attended the "Cadaver Ball" that was hosted by the medical school.  It was a magical evening where we danced with dead bodies dressed in prom dresses and tuxedos.  Psych.  That was not true.  But we really did go to the "Cadaver Ball."  It was a James Bond theme, so during my brief pit-stop in Utah on my way to North Carolina I picked up Steve's tux from the abyss known as his parents' basement (thankfully, they got it for me so I didn't have to actually sift through all of that stuff by myself).  I was originally going to dress up as James Bond's secretary (Miss Moneypenny), but as it turns out there was nothing distinctive about her clothing so no one would have know who I was.  Actually, as it turns out none of the James Bond ladies are distinct or have memorable dresses.  So, for the sake of saying we stuck with the theme, I am Vesper (which works out because Casino Royale is my favorite).
Steve trying to bring sexy back by wearing a tux
After we arrived I realized that Steve should have tried to dress up like a villain.  Think of how awesome it would have been if he wore an eye patch or carried around a stuffed white cat (the cat would have embarrassed me, but I would have been slightly supportive).  Or he could have worn a white suit coat or brought a gold spray painted water gun.  There was so much potential here and Steve dropped the ball on embarrassing me (which he is normally right on top of).

Steve selected our dinner seats right next to this lovely bar
Steve's favorite part of the evening (other than the nice free meal we got) was the candy bar.  You really should know that Steve is addicted to candy.  He puts my Corn Nut addiction to shame and that is saying something.  He filled up my bag about halfway and then filled up his ALL the way.  He ate almost all of it during Conference the last two days and I had to take it away because he was filling up on Hot Tamales and not real food.  They also had some fake casino games where you could trade in your chips for tickets and enter them in some drawings at the end, but of course Steve and I just couldn't make it to midnight so he tried to go waste all our "money" in Roulette (which he in not good at, he just broke even).  I wanted to play Poker because as it turns out I'm not too bad at it and I once made it through 5 or 6 rounds in a Texas Hold 'Em tournament at the "U."  Steve didn't really want to be supportive and sit by me while I played and I didn't want to sit by myself at a table full of men that I do not know.  So, as punishment, Steve will learn to play at  home with me so he can see that I was telling the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment