The next day I pulled out my lunch to discover I was not prepared for the nastiness that is soggy Triscuits. I did not expect such a relatively minor loss in crunchiness to result in such a dramatic change in taste. I forced the first one or two crackers down. I thought to myself, "I can just throw these away, I brought other stuff in my lunch, and Megan will never have to know." Then another part of me thought,"No, she will know. I don't know how she will, but she just will. She always does." I spent the next 15 or so minutes choking down every last morsel, determined to live with the fate I had chosen. And then she never ended up asking about it, but I confessed anyway.
Here are some unrelated pictures of our trip to San Antonio yesterday.
| Top: view of the Riverwalk. Left Bottom: an old church. Mid Bottom: Us in front of the Alamo. Right Bottom: the slight step above mall cop: Park Police for the Riverwalk. |
No comments:
Post a Comment