Sunday, June 9, 2013

Fruit Snacks: Fruit or Treat?

Yesterday, Steve and I were talking about making some small changes to our diet to make us more "healthy."  When I say healthy, you are probably thinking vegan or gluten-free.  But that is NOT what I am saying.  By healthy, we are referring to limiting our treat intake which is not limiting to anyone else.  I mentioned that we could start by eating only one treat a day (instead of five).  This is the actual conversation:

Me: We could only eat one treat a day.  Like if you eat fruit snacks, you can't have a cookie or ice cream that day.

Steve: Well, then I'm never eating fruit snacks again!  Those are tiny little sucky treats.  They have left the treat arena.  They're somewhere between fruit and treats.

I never knew that Steve felt so strongly about fruit snacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment