Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Happy Un-anniversary

Steve had been gone on an away rotation in Memphis last month and I spent an entire evening seeing if I could find Legend for free on the internet (stupid copyright laws) because I have to watch all my 80's movies when he's gone.  I realized I was going to have to buy it, but I needed a good reason.  If there is a happy un-birthday, surely there is a happy un-anniversary too.  Oh wait, there is.  It's Oct. 22, our half anniversary.  Sometimes I just feel like I need presents more than once a year and this is my excuse.

This year I decided to tell Steve to buy me Legend, BUT not the director's cut, which is an abomination.  He was in Memphis at the time and may not have loved my midnight text when I told him I had found the correct version (if it does not have Tangerine Dream in it, throw it away).  I went to bed and when I woke up it had been bought by someone else that would not love it as much as me (Steve will both vouch and pay for that).  So I had to look for another hour until I found the right version, which you can only buy with the director's cut.  When my copy came in the mail this was the conversation that ensued:

Megan: Legend just came in the mail today.  Do you want me to wait....
Steve:  Nope, you can watch it without me.
Megan: ....until you get back from Memphis to watch it?  I take your interjection as a no.  You know you have to watch it right, even though you're two states over.
Steve: *sigh* Yes.  I know.

So watch it I did.  Both versions.  And I still think the American version is better.


No comments:

Post a Comment