Sunday, July 13, 2014

...And Then There Were None

I like watching mysteries/thrillers/stuff that gives you nightmares, which is a terrible habit because I have very vivid dreams that have on more than one occasion scared Steve when I wake up screaming that someone is trying to kill me.  It's usually Steve rolled over on sheets that restrict my movement, so in a way it serves him right.  A couple weeks ago two of my sisters were talking about a British series called Endeavor so I thought I would try it out.  Steve and I watched the first season because the second season started airing on PBS this month, but I watched the most recent episode by myself because Steve was working nights at the hospital (even though it looked freaky from the previews).  This was a terrible decision.  Basically a bunch of murders happen at this spooky looking mansion in the late 1800's and more murders were happening that appeared to involve ghosts.  It took me several minutes to psych myself up to go upstairs to bed and after I flipped the light switch the light at the top of the stairs flickered and then went out (cue serial killer and creaky stairs)!  I remember thinking, "I'm pretty sure this same scene happens in every scary movie I've seen and I always scream at the people to not go where it's unlit and creepy, they do it anyway, and then they die.  Every time.  Ugh."  I did eventually go upstairs, but I brought my laptop to hit anybody over the head and pushed Charlie up the stairs in front of me because the family pet has to take one for the team sometimes.  Needless to say, I had to watch an episode of Parks and Rec before I could go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment