Sunday, November 23, 2014

Behold Your Future Old People (that includes you, Mom and Dad)

So I have been working at a new job the last 3 months doing Medicaid case management for older adults so that they can stay in their home/apartments instead of moving to a nursing home. I have clients that literally live in the middle of nowhere and some that live in cities. Most of the clients I have that live in cities typically live in apartment complexes similar to Fort Knox, but I haven't decided yet if it's to keep people out or keep the old people in. I have to go visit them in their homes before they can be enrolled in the program to receive services. In October I had to enroll almost 30 people in the program and these are not short visits. The visits are 2-3 hours long and sometimes 4 hours if you get an old person that doesn't want to let you leave (in a lonely way, not a serial killer way-not yet anyway). There was one day where I had to complete THREE of these long visits that I also had to do 3+ hours of documentation for afterwards and I was so tired by the time I got to the third visit at an apartment building. My eyelids were drooping until I got into the elevator and saw this:
Genius idea. Next year I'm putting one outside my grandma's front door.
Then my eyes got huge and I choked on my breath. Thankfully I was alone and decided that I would take a picture with my phone so that I could blog about it. And then I thought, "Dude, who puts a skeleton in an elevator in an apartment building full of old people?" And then I got super bummed because there were no old people getting into or out of the elevator when I was using it and I would have really enjoyed seeing an old person get scared like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UgPiYHNjkY

No comments:

Post a Comment