Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Anniversary to me! (and Steve)

I just got back from spending two weeks with Jenn, Aaron and baby Sarah in St. George. It was good to see family and to spend time with Sarah (who looks SO MUCH like Jenn now, just with Aaron's head). She is learning to say a few words among which is Jesus, but sounds like cheese. She evens points to his picture every time she sees it (she also enjoys pointing at your face and occasionally trying to grab your eyelids). She also has decided to use a fake laugh, often after you laugh. I had a hard time discerning whether she was laughing with me or mocking me, but based on her feisty personality I will have to say the latter.

We regularly took her to a water park as she loves to play in water (bath time with her is more like playing at a water park and your bathroom gets just as wet). She thinks it's the funnest thing in the world even though you can see her lip quivering. It's also quite entertaining to see her yell at the water in the mini waterfalls. On our way to the grocery store one morning we happened to take a shortcut through the park and she got so excited when she saw the water, but when we walked past it she started to cry because she was so sad. I think she may have thought we tricked her or something, but we felt so bad we took a different route on our way home.

I flew home on Steve and I's (is that correct?) anniversary and I was surprised by a bunch of post-it-note hearts that Steve had put all over the apartment (including one hidden in the toilet paper roll) of things he loves about me (after that my gift seemed pretty lame). We had gotten home pretty late and went to bed soon after getting back to the apartment. I was woken up at 2 am by a warm spot next to me. Thinking it was Steve wanting to cuddle because he missed me I went to give him a kiss on the cheek only to get a mouth full of CHARLIE FUR!!!!! The beast had found a small spot between Steve and I in the bed and had crawled in it and fallen asleep. Steve woke up to the sound of me spitting up fur and demanding that he throw him off the bed. I leave for two weeks and Charlie thinks he can sleep wherever he wants. What a bum.

No comments:

Post a Comment