Sunday, April 3, 2011

Please Don't Feed the Cat Junk Food


Our little friend Charlie the cat has turned out to be quite the troublemaker. I thought having an inside pet would be a piece-o-cake. Lies, all lies. Last Sunday I took a 45 minute nap and was awakened by the cupboards opening. When I went out to investigate I discovered that he had tried to open them and even tried to break into my butter dish. If it has salt or meat, he turns into a monster to try and eat it. He even climbed up my arms to try and steal my grilled cheese sandwich the other day (Steve overheard it while I was talking to him on the phone and I think he may have thought the cat won).
We have also discovered that he likes junk food. If you drop a piece of popcorn you should not even bother trying to pick it up because Charlie will not only get it before you do, but he will also "inadvertently" bite you with his four remaining fangs. And, as it turns out, it doesn't matter if you hold the popcorn bowl up in the air while sitting on the couch because he can stretch his neck far enough that he can still steal the popcorn from you.
Well, for some reason Steve seems to think that this gives him license to give the kitty food since he is going to steal it anyway. While watching General Conference today I was snacking on a bag of Corn Nuts. Later I found out that Steve was biting them into little pieces to FEED THEM TO MY KITTY!!! Steve will be demoted to litter duty until further notice.

1 comment: