Monday, August 17, 2015

Glenn Family Reunion May 2014

Somehow, Steve bamboozled me into going to a family reunion. The conditions of me going were that he take me to the Bodies exhibit and that he take me to a magic show. In hindsight, I should have been more clear about what constitutes a magic show as Steve bought tickets for an amateur magic show with a guy who trains cats (for reals) and dogs. Not that it wasn't an interesting show, I was just hoping to see someone get stabbed through a box. Steve also decided to take a few liberties by buying a Groupon for shooting Zombies, as pictured below.

If you want to see Jodie freak out, go back to last year's Go Pro Video and you will hear her scream after she GENUINELY believed that she was bitten by a Zombie. At least now we know who not to choose for our post-apocalyptic team. Also, as it turns out I can be quite the fast runner with the proper motivation. 
I honestly do not know how I have had this picture for over a year and not realized this until now.
Steve was so excited for that cotton candy. Bless his heart.
Outside the Las Vegas temple
I think my favorite part of the reunion was the Bodies exhibit. It actually came to Cincinnati while I was on my mission, but it left before I got permission (thanks for nothing, P-Robb). The coolest part was the vascular system, but since they don't let you take pictures I am borrowing some from the internet.


After the family reunion, we visited my sister Jenn and her family in St. George for a couple of days. Her kids seem to be the only kids that actually like me and I don't seem to make them cry. And they're still too young to realize I'm not cool, so I have that going for me too.

We went on this 6-7 mile hike and her kids actually made it most of the way without being held. It made me look bad because I was thinking about asking Steve for a piggy back ride, but I like to avoid being shown up by toddlers when possible.

I think the best part of this trip was feeding the ducks. That white swan kept pecking the other ducklings to steal their bread, so the kids started chucking bread at the swans head and they hit it with surprising accuracy. I was waiting for the swan to come chasing after us and a clip of it ending up on America's Funniest Home Videos.

I think this is the one picture I got of Steve wakeboarding. Never ask me to man your camera. There will likely be nothing on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment