Sunday, May 15, 2011

The Case of the Missing Pincushion

I have been working on some quiet book pages the last few months as a project to do in my "free time" (for those of you who don't know it's a book for your kids to make them be quiet). As you all know we do not have children nor are we planning on having them in the near future (had to throw that disclaimer in there to keep you from thinking this post is going in a completely different direction than it is). My sister Jenn made one and it took her 9 months, so I figured it will take me years, so I figured I should get a head start now because I know full well that I will not do it later. Well, in order to cut out pieces of felt you obviously need pins, which I regularly leave in places that Steve probably does not appreciate (and no, he has not sat on one...yet). On Tuesday I couldn't find my pincushion anywhere. I literally tore apart the apartment three times looking for the stupid thing. I even checked Charlie's bed. When Steve got home I told him that I was convinced that Charlie stole it and hid it from me. I think he may have thought I was paranoid, but it turns out I was not. I thought I would make one last effort and guess where I found it? Under my BED!!! I think if Sherlock Holmes had been involved he would have found it quicker. I'm not going to lie, I was starting think I was just looking to blame the cat because then I would feel less stupid for losing it, but this time I was justified. However, I'm still unsure as to how it got all the way from the living room to the bed. This incident may also explain the disappearance of the sixth Nerf dart that recently went missing. He may find himself up for auction on EBAY if he keeps this up....

3 comments:

  1. Ha ha! Charlie is seriously training you for motherhood! When Claire's toys or something else would go missing it would drive me crazy! Not because they were important but because I wanted to know where it had disappeared. They seem to use some of the same hiding spots (kids and animals:)) but then they will find a new one, so stay on your toes! PS can you auction live things on ebay?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy smokes! Look at you getting all crafty now Tron! I'm going to have to see this quiet book some day

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg jay-z loves my pincushion. i always have to hide it! he loves thread even more though, i always have to keep an eye on him when i'm being crafty! haha

    ReplyDelete